The countdown view display format displays one event with a countdown effect.
In order to create views that use the Collision display format:
- You need to have a Content Type (ex. Events)
- Create a view mode which re-uses the Agenda coming soon pattern as explained in CERN Components documentation.
- Create a block view and choose Countdown as Display Format
- In "Show" option choose Display Suite: Content and as view mode choose the view mode that you created on step 2 that re-uses the Agenda coming soon pattern
- Set the pager to "Display a specified number of items" and then display 1 item.
- Make sure to add a date filter that start date >= now so that when the starting time has passed, the view will continue to the next event. Feel free to re-use any filter criteria, sort criteria, contextual filters and/or any view setting. It won't affect the behavior of the view.
The colors of the Countdown Display Format are all set in the Display Formats settings page (/admin/config/display-formats/settings).