The Featured Banner displays a box with a link and text placed on top of a background. Until the current version the user cannot upload an image as a background of the view, so they have to use it either in a Landing Page section or to set the background manually using the CERN Override theme.
In order to create views that use the Featured Banner display format:
- You need to have a Content Type (ex. News)
- Create a view mode which re-uses the Preview Card. You can read how to do it in the CERN Components documentation. The only difference is that you should map the title to Featured Title instead of Title.
- Create a page or block view and choose Featured as Display Format
- In "Show" option choose Display Suite: Content and as view mode choose the view mode that you created on step 2 that re-uses the card pattern.
- Feel free to re-use any filter criteria, sort criteria, contextual filters and/or any view setting. It won't affect the behavior of the view.
The colors applied for the Featured Banner are:
- Title/Link: Inherits the color BODY: link from the theme color settings.
- Subtitle: Inherits the color BODY: text from the theme color settings.
- Box Background Color: Set in the Display Formats settings page (/admin/config/display-formats/settings)