This is a tutorial on how to render content using a grid of event boxes that include titles, locations, dates etc. It is assumed that you have already created a content type in order to render the content, either an Indico event content type or a custom event content type.
Part 1) Use the Agenda Box component to configure the nodes to be rendered as cards
Each node is rendered as an expandable item. This is done by mapping the fields of your content type (eg. Indico event content type or a custom event content type) to the fields of the Agenda Box component.
- Visit the Manage Display page of the content type that you want to display (eg. Indico event content type or a custom event content type)
- Select a view mode (eg. Card) and map the fields of the content type to the ones of the component
- Save the form
Part 2) Configure a view to be rendered using the Event Grid display format
After setting up how each node will be set, a view needs to be created in order to gather and display the content items.
- Visit the views page
- Create a new view
- In the view:
- Create a display, either page or block, based on your needs
- Select Event Grid as format
- Select to show Display Suite: Content and as view mode select the one configured in step 1.2
- Add any other filter/url/configuration based on your needs